Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Look who's three!

Dear Campbell,
Today you turned three.

No longer a baby.


no longer a toddler.





You are now officially a preschooler!


Today I cried a little to think that time has gone by so fast.
Not too long ago you were whisked off to the NICU.
All the while I thought I would lose my mind if I did not see you,
hold you, feed you, love you, gaze at you.
I have been blessed to do all those things for you over the last three years.
I have enjoyed it all.
Even on the toughest of days when I thought again
I might lose my mind.

You have been such a blessing to our lives.
We rejoiced in knowing you were created in my womb,
We were so proud to learn of your excellent growth at each ultra sound.
Our lives were forever changed when you appeared to us
some five weeks early...your birthday July 21, 2006.

Since then you have filled our hearts with laughter and love beyond compare.
Your curious nature and sweet demeanor is something that we adore.
Your love for learning sets our hopes on fire for what your future will hold.

I can not even begin to express what you mean to me.
I know that you are only three
but one day you will know what it is like
to love someone the way I do you.
The way your daddy loves you.
But for now you can enjoy loving baby dolls & beloved brown bunny.
You can love to dance, sing & talk.
You can be crazy in love with Nana.
You can love to read and gather leaves & rocks.
Enjoy loving life just the way you do because it truly makes this world a better place.

Sweet girl I hope that you enjoyed your third birthday with it's magic of butterfly wings and antennas with your little friends at the butterfly museum.
I hope that in your heart you know that today we celebrated life,
we celebrated YOU!

I love you baby bunny!
Yours always,
Mommy Bunny

post signature

5 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Campbell! ML - your words to your daughter brought tears to my eyes... such a wonderful day!!!

Esther said...

That was beautiful! Happy Birthday, Campbell!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

This was so sweet! Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Sarah said...

What a big girl! Happy birthday, Campbell!

Kate said...

What a great letter to your daughter. Someday she will read that and it will mean the world to her!