Thursday, March 4, 2010

Randomess

Ethan,Zach and Emma's Mommy posted this quiz today, and since I wanted to blog but had nothing exciting or earth shattering to say I decided this might be fun. Won't you join in?

1. Did you watch the Olympics, and, if so, what was your favorite part?
I watched figure skating: Men's, Ladies and Couple Skate. I also enjoyed watching Apollo race round and round. My favorite part is the presentation of medals no matter who wins. Just thinking of them in that personal moment of God granted achievement makes my heart sing.

2. Favorite breakfast food?
Hash browns & Bacon...oh that's two. Sorry.

3. What irritates you the most about other drivers?
People who don't stay in their own lane when they make turns. I can't tell you how many times we have almost been hit because people don't stay in their own lane. Repeat after me...."Stay in your lane!"

4. What meal do you fall back on when you have no idea what to make for dinner?
Well, since my kids are still sometimes picky eaters. More so Travis than Campbell now. She has finally grown out of that phase but regresses some nights. I will do "breakfast for dinner." So either cheesy eggs with various sides (some nights these are cheese egg burritos) or oatmeal. For some reason my kids never grow tired of those two grocery item must have staples...Oatmeal & Eggs. For us adults on those nights we get to have whatever we want as long as it's in the house.

5. What irrational fear do you have?
I had to laugh when I saw this because well I am just a fearful person. Pretty much afraid of all that I can not control which is pretty much everything. So if I had to answer just based on the question and not let my mind wander.....It would be swimming in lakes. For some reason lake swimming just creeps me out. I jump in but need to get out ASAP!!!

6. What is the last purchase you made for yourself?
Pretty new panties. Best part....I got to get them in a smaller size!!!

7. Eggs: scrambled, over-easy, boiled, etc.?
Boiled. I love hard boiled eggs. Can't wait for that part of Easter because there is just something about a colored hard boiled egg that is a day old, kept in the fridge of course. When you peel the egg and there is dye on the white and you much it up with some table salt. Just a little slice of heaven for me. Weird. Yeah, even I think so.

Feel free to share your answers in the comments, or on your own blog. It'll be fun to see what you have to say!


post signature

4 comments:

Esther said...

Fun answers! You can come have my cold hard boiled eggs after Easter. ;-)

Sarah said...

I'll play along...
1) olympics - loved watching figure skating (all kinds, including ice dancing), the crazy stuff they did on skis, and Apollo racing. The medal ceremonies get me too!
2) fav breakfast food - ALL OF IT! I seriously love breakfast. My all time fav would have to be chocolate chip pancakes!
3) irritating thing about drivers - slow drivers in the passing lane!
4) fall back meal - mac & cheese!
5) irrational fear - that a decision I make would cause someone to die (i.e. a car wreck on a trip I planned, etc)
6) last purchase for myself - Easter dress
7) eggs - scrambled!

love learning more about you! Glad you are doing well!

Heather Allen said...

I love this! It is so fun to learn about other people!
That is so funny about our rings...my center stone is a pear shape. But I do have diamonds going down both sides. If I could get a new center stone it would be an oval! I will take an pic of it...haha! I did read Missy's post and could not keep it together. The most touching story ever.

CharityVL said...

I had to come read this from Esther's blog 'cause she got the quiz from mine! I have had the most fun reading people's answers to the driving pet peeve question. And I'm also glad I'm not the only one with fears.